Coupon Train - what do you think?

I was just looking around other blogs and found the website www.allyou.com. I signed up for a free trial of the magazine (2 months) in 4-8 weeks I can tell you how great it is. LOL Of course you can sign up and we can talk about it together. :)

I was looking around that site and found a couponing section that helped to teach people about coupons. They had some different sections like beginners, intermediate and advance couponing lessons. I read a very interesting way to "trade" coupons. Check this out. I just copied and pasted so it would be easier to understand.


Hop on a coupon train
A coupon train is a more regimented way to increase your stockpile. Go to a forum such as
Vickysdeals.com and AFullCup.com. After signing up for a train, you’ll get an envelope with a predetermined number of coupons in it (usually 25, 50 or 100). Pull the ones you like, and replenish it with coupons you want to give away. Send it to the next person on the list. The train travels in a continuous loop, with each person taking from, and adding to, the supply.


Know the rules for riding the train
Most trains have strict rules. You’ll have a short turnaround time―as little as one to three days--in which to mail off your replenished envelope after receiving it. Replace coupons you take with similarly high-value coupons for desirable products; “junk” coupons for items few people can use, such as denture cream, are frowned upon. And about-to-expire coupons are a no-no.



Combine your methods
Take a cue from All You reader Amy Barr, who both trades and uses a coupon train: “I save money by trading in two online groups, Our Coupon CafĂ© and the All American Coupon Train. We also trade in the form of trains, which have four passengers and a conductor. I get coupons from all areas of the country, some of which have a higher cost of living, causing the coupons to be printed at a higher value. With this and other methods, I save about $150-$200 off my grocery and drugstore bill per week.”



So my question is...... Has anyone ever done this? Does anyone want to start a COUPON TRAIN? Let me know. I think it really could help us all.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally "on board" (I couldn't resist, haha) with this!!!

    ReplyDelete