2012 Money Saving Challenge

Frugal Makes Cents


Last year I participated in a money saving challenge with Precious @ Frugal Makes Cents, now I am not the best of saving money in every aspect of my life, but I am certainly trying.  2011 has been a crazy year for us financially.  We were not able to accomplish much of our financial goals from last year but if it wasn't for my couponing, making my own laundry soap and the other corky things I do I don't think we would have made it.  
This is a new year and hopefully things will be a little more stable around here. 

I don't know if you have thought about your goals for 2012 but I have thought of a couple of things that I want to accomplish this year and I thought I would share them with you.  I would love to hear what your goals are and maybe we can all help each other to achieve them.


My 2012 goals are:
  1. To keep on couponing like a crazy woman and to keep our food and household budget to $70 weekly average or less. (about $300 month)
  2. To meal plan so that I can save time and money in the long run. 
  3. Be consistant with my daily/weekly household "chores" 
  4. Be able to increase my savings account by 20%
  5. Increase saving for retirement. 
  6. Save up money to paint the kids room
  7. Save up money for the front and back yard.
  8. I have picked some books that I would like to read this year. 
  9. Be more consistent with my blogging, I would like to schedule 20 a week. 
  10. Have more fun. I think I need to actually schedule fun on my calender or I will just work on these goals and ignore everything else. 
  11. Continue on my Total Money Makeover baby steps 
I think the hardest part of setting goals is telling others, now if I fail at these, you all know my failures.  

Happy New Year everyone.  I hope you join my on my 2012 Money Saving Challenge.
What are you doing to save money?

2 comments: