What I would do...

I have been asked what I would buy on my budget if I didn't have any food in my freezer.

Here are my disclaimers... By looking at these ads I am not really impressed. I am going to fake like I have no groceries but in real like I am not going to be getting many things at all because I have all the meat in my freezer when it was on sale. 2) I have a family of 4 but 2 of my 4 are 3 and under, so I can make one dinner and it will last us 2 nights. I only cook 3-4 times a week. So my meal planning has more but they are just tucked away in pantry/freezer etc until I need another meal.

My budget is $150 a week. That is for food, toiletries, diapers etc

Sams Club
Baby Wipes $15
Bananas 3lbs 1.32
Salad lettuce 3
English muffins 4
-------------------
with tax about $25 $125 left

Food 4 Less
American Pacific Fish.
3 Tilipia 3lbs and Catfish 2.5lbs $8.98 <-- this is a good price they are individually
wrapped and frozen so you don't have to defrost the whole bag, just what you need.
about 30.00 $95
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smiths
Milk 4 gallons $1.89 5.67
Bread white 1.25
Colgate $1 coupons.com or Colgate.com always have $1 off coupons so that is FREE
6 watermelon 3lbs - $1
Cheese 16oz 2.99
2 Shrimp 3.99 lb
4corn on the cob .50
iceberg lettuce .99
2ground turkey JennieO 2.50
Tortillas 1.59
Hamburger buns 1.25
about $31.00 $64 left
--------------------------------------------------------------
Albertsons (these are stock up items )
2Tuna cans .50 NO LIMIT
4canned pineapple in its own juice .99
$5 $59.00left
-------------------------------------------------------------
Vons
Peaches .49 I am going to try and learn how to can fruit so I am going to pick up 36 lbs $18
Pears .59 (5) not sure if I will want to can these
$20.95 $38.05 LEFT!!!! with NO COUPONS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meals I am planning for dinners this week.
Tacos
Fish
Turkey Burgers
Oven Fried Chicken
I have staples in my house no matter what... like Peanut Butter, Jelly, canned corn, canned green beans, a couple of cans of Ravioli, Mac N cheese, some sort of Pasta Roni type of side.
My son is in love with PB and J sandwiches, so he can have that everyday for lunch and be happy. In my last post you all saw that I got a ton of cereal so I have breakfast foods, and lunches are under control.
This is just MY PLAN for the week. You need to take the ads and plan according to YOUR family.
I hope this helps answer some of the questions I have been receiving.
Hint: Smiths has a case lot sale twice a year. So be looking for it in August or September.

No comments:

Post a Comment