What kind of shopper are you?

How do you shop?

~ Are you the person that if you are out of milk you will go to the corner store and pick a gallon for $5.00?

~Are you the person that goes to the store on a daily basis because you always "forget" something there?

~Are you the person that plans the weekly menu and sometimes you will forget somethings so you are off to the store?

~ Are you the person that makes a weekly planner but if you forgot an ingredients you have another meal that you can replace that one with that you have all the ingredients for? So you don't have to go to the store.

I personally used to be all of them, but now you will not catch me getting "milk" at 711 paying $5.00, when I can get a gallon for $1.89.

No matter where you are, we can all work on being better stewarts with the money we have to provide for our families.

I challenge you all to try and plan your meals before shopping that way you know what you need and can plan accordingly. If you can then I would suggest to have a little extra stock in your pantries, frig, or freezer. You never know what kind of emergency could arise, such as, overage on the food budget for the month, pay cut, loss of a job/ pay etc.
It would be nice to know that if any of these happened that you would not have to worry about these items. That is the same with household items, ex shampoo, conditioner, hairspray or laundry detergent etc.
If you see a great deal on things you ALL READY BUY and you are not going to go into debt, then just get 2. If you do that with everything you would be surprised how many items you could get and stay in budget. (It does no good if you are stocking up on items you and your family hate just because you got a great deal on them)

For example: I was cruising around the aisles of Smiths and went down the shampoo and conditioner aisle. (why? I have NO idea) I saw that they had V05 shampoo and conditioner for 10 - $6.00. I checked in my coupon book and noticed a coupon from Smiths that read... Purchase $15 of health and beauty items and receive $3 off. (I usually do not use V05 but for 60 cents I can switch) I did the math and figured out that $15 divided by $.60 was 25. I picked out 25 bottles of shampoo/conditioner and it only cost me $12.00. That was in my budget and I will not need shampoo for about a year now for $12

I had pretty much the same thing happen at Vons with Tide. So right now I have 3 unopened 64 load Tides.

THE WORD ON THE STREET IS THAT GROCERY STORES HAVE THE SAME THINGS ON SALE EVERY 12 WEEKS SO IF YOU CAN STOCK UP ON THEM WHILE THEY ARE ON SALE FOR 3 MONTHS THEN WHEN YOU ARE OUT THEY WOULD BE ON SALE AGAIN.

Today I am planning on going to VONS for the mix and match I told you about earlier. I figured out that if I purchase 6 boxes of cereal, 2 bbq sauces, and 2 brownie mixes. (10 items) That will total $12.08 I found 4 coupons for $1 each for these items that will bring my total to $8.08 for 10 items. Sure I will get another 6 boxes of cereal even though I already have 9. My family will eat them and the normal price is about $3-6 a box. You do the math.
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment